martes, 8 de marzo de 2011

massages... and get off the computer

We only have three weeks left in this magical place. I can't believe it. Time is always a friend and an enemy. Kevin and I have been pretty busy the past few days. We are giving a coffee cupping introduction course this week at FEDEPMA, and I've been working on editing text for different local websites (that hopefully will be launched in the next 5 years...)

We did manage to get a massage in- courtesy of the same Valentines Day gift to each other.

I think I really needed it because the massage therapist, Ada, firmly reminded me that my shoulders, neck and arms were very tense.


She said, "Tengas cuidado con tu postura."


Well, then I told her about our computer set-up... and all the other things we do daily down here that we just don't have much control over. Obviously, my posture has been affected from hunching over on the computer, washing dishes, washing clothes and walking around upstairs in our cabin (in which the ceilings are too low, even for Guatemalans). Needless to say, the massage was great, and reminded me that even when you think you're doing nothing- be careful- you might be hurting yourself.


Speaking of staying healthy, I've also launched a yoga blog for the space where I work. It's still in the early development stages, as I'm trying to become competent in other blog hosting sites (ps: we HATE blogger, ours truly). So after you strain your back and neck reading about the benefits of yoga on the computer, get up and do something good for yourself.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario